Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hard Plumbing

1. Back To Top    #1

Hard Plumbing

When hard Plumbing your AGP is it ok to bury the pipes or is it best not to leaving them on top of the ground
    I have a path way around my pool making it nice when cleaning, covering, maintain etc... I just don't need to trip over some pipes.
    18' Round 54" High AGP, 8500 Gallons, Waterway 2 HP/2 Speed Pump, 150 sq ft. Waterway Cartridge Filter, Hard Plumbed.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hard Plumbing

I don't see why not. I'm sure it would look much better and if it would be in the way otherwise, that's a good idea. Since my equipment pad is off to the side I didn't really think much about it.
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]
    Powered by: TFP, PoolMath & TFTestkits

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

If the pipes are buried and you need to winterize the pool you will need to blow the water out of the pipes, as would be done for an above ground pool. With pipes above ground you don't usually need to blow them out because you can usually position a drain low enough to get all the water out. Other than that, burying them is just fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Amarillo, Texas

Ours are buried. My husband did it that way because it was easier to get lawn equipment in and out.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

5. Back To Top    #5
    Sault Ontario

Also plan for potential frost heaving and how it could impact connections to skimmer or return port.
    I'm doing the same project this summer and the plan is to use pvc unions in certain places so I can disassemble and store - pump has to come into garage anyways.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

6. Back To Top    #6

Staten Island NY

I think the use of TigerFlex pipe would take care of frost heaving. My question is how do you blow the pipes out. With a compessor and ........?
    12x21 AG-semi-inground about 7200 gal, Cart filter,1.5 hp pump installed May 2012

7. Back To Top    #7
    Mesquite, Texas

You could also vacuum them out with a shop vac or even blow them out with a shop vac. Just another option. I plan to bury mine.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

8. Back To Top    #8
    SouthWest Alabama

I use my leaf blower.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit