First water test of my foreclosed pool - advice?

Apr 17, 2012
I took some water to a friend who works at a pool store (someone not trying to sale me something) and had him test my water to see where I stood. I basically guessed at everything to see how far off I was. My refill on my test kit has not arrived. Here are the numbers:

FC: 3.4
TC: 4.2
CC: 0.8
pH: 7.9
Hardness: 140 ppm
Alk: 111 ppm (would this be TA?)
CYA: 30 ppm

My friend told me I could use some Calcium Hardness Increaser. Looks to me I need some CYA and Muriatic Acid. Going to put the numbers in the Pool Calulator.

Thanks in advance.

jed

Realize he is not trying to sell you anything, but how were the tests done? Strips? Computer analysis of the strips? Drops? It is not that they are trying to sell something per se, but some of the methods used by the pool stores are just not very accurate.

Yes the Alk is TA ... having 111 makes me think is was some automated testing system.

I would just lower the pH a bit for now and make sure the FC stays 2-4ppm while waiting for your refills.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.