Central Texas Fiberglass Pool Build

TK13LG

Mar 19, 2012
We started our pool build yesterday. We decided to go with Lonestar Fiberglass Pools out of New Braunfels/Kingsbury. The model we picked is called the Savannah in a Caribbean Blue.

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 828
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 823
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 823
The pool is actually level with the patio. I didn't think it was level at first either, but they used this box device that was on the patio and used a stick with an electronic device measuring around it. It would beep as he moved it around and a long beep indicated it was level with the box device. The ground itself slopes a bit but once everything is done, we will backfill with top soil and lay new sod.

I was a bit worried too. I think it is because more of the hole is exposed on the left side from the picture angle. I am not sure if that is due to more plumbing going in on that side or what. I have checked out some of their other pool build installation pictures and I see the same thing on them as well and the finished pool looks "normal".

Tomorrow they come back to finish the plumbing, setting the pumps and stuff up. I assume Monday the tile work and framing for the concrete will be done. Then later that week, the landscapers come. I'm hoping to be swimming by next weekend.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not much done today. Won't be back out until Monday. Here is what they did today....I guess everything looks okay.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 705
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 706
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 707
Oh for the Polaris. Thanks. We are probably going to make them redo the plumbing. It doesn't appear they dry fit everything first to make it squared. My husband is ticked off about how they just slapped it together.

Concrete guy came today and set forms for the cantiliver coping decking. My husband made 3 of the PVC T post with screw on cap as we have seen made on this website. We are placing 2 on the backside of the pool to help block afternoon sun and the third one will be used to make a towel tree to hang towels and wet suits.

I will have to take pictures in the morning as it was a bit dark when we got home this evening from baseball.

Here are some pictures of what the concrete guy did for setting up the forms and our homemade umbrella stands.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 590
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 590
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 589
Enjoying the pics as a fellow fiberglass pool owner.
Just an FYI- I had to really scrub (!) to get all the sticky residue off the sides left from the foam forms that were used for the coping edge. If yours has any, ask your PB how it gets removed and who has to do it? I waited between November and April and it may have been easier had it been done immediately.

Here are some pictures from the concrete and electrical setup.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 466
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 466
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 464
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 465
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 467

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.