Recommendation needed for a spa only heater

carlscan26

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
Hi all! I need some help finding a spa heater for my in-laws spa. Their pool heater has broken beyond economical repair and they only use it for the spa so they'd rather replace it with a smaller heater. The spa is about 5 foot in diameter and maybe four feet deep in the footwell. I've found this one: http://www.bestbuypoolsupply.com/product1596.html. But I'm wondering what else is out there?

Not sure of specific recommendations for heaters but wanted to point out that heating with gas will use the same amount of fuel to do the same job but the time will vary. Using a 100k BTU heater will take about 4 times as long to heat the spa as a 400k BTU heater but will use a similar amount of gas. If time is not an issue then small is fine. But most people do not want to wait a long time to heat up a spa before using it.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.