Getting rid of super fine silt

pic 9 the morning after had to cover pool as 2 dust devils arrived unexpectedly. As I told you there was still a very small amount of silt that settled down overnight. I expected that. You can tell it is my pool as my ring around pool looses air alot.

Attachments

• P6270611.jpg
    P6270611.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 208

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pic of our pump. as hose is only 75 inches in length we had to raise pump to 22 inches above ground level, so hose could reach inside pool with slime bag attached. used our ladder for additional support of weight.

Attachments

• P6290612.jpg
    P6290612.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 198
if you look closely you can actually see the fine silt collecting inside bag. we are so very happy with this product. Money well spent. I absolutely recommend this product to anyone battling silt and fine dust in their pool.
thank you for all your help and i am happy to finally post my pics.

A special thanks to my brother in law who helped me install the polished slime bag and make my pics a reality for you all. Do note I bribed him with a loaf of homemade banana bread and a ice cold beer. Ha Ha
Dodi

Attachments

• P6290614.jpg
    P6290614.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 199
  • P6290614.jpg
    P6290614.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 198
  • P6290614.jpg
    P6290614.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 198
Hi everyone...well I had fine silt too and what I did...(don't laugh!) I put an old white tube sock over where the debris bag ties down and the debris bag over that - tied it tightly over the sock, connected my garden hose and vacuumed it all out. It seems to work just fine. The silt was gone and the next day, there was hardly any silt at all. I don't even have to vacuum every day, like I used to because that darn stuff settled again and again (it actually never was gone). I clean the sock every time I use it, in bleach and water and this seems to work for me.

IMAG0659 by puying_7, on Flickr

Hi Nina I tried that too. I even cut the feet out of a pair of nylons put them in a white sock inside the debris bag. It just leaked thru. Crazy stuff. It just made pool cloudy. So frustrating. I work so hard trying to keep it clean. Hope it works for others battling silt. It does however pick up the sand on the bottom.which the slime bag doesn't pick up just couldn't sweep it up enough to get it into slime bag too heavy I'm guessing.. So both methods are still in use here. Dodi

We have a well and get tons of silt in our water. Small battery vac has a fine silt bag and it gets the silt, but it's NO match for the amount we have. I'm afraid to spend money on a bigger sand filter pump because I don't think it will remove the silt either from other blogs I've read - this previous post about the slime bag looks SO promising because I have been trying to make such a bag myself with the same concept in mine. Lots of places to order it from, but the product name with .com has some good directions on how to use with the Intex pools and backyard above ground pools that come with small pumps. The directions are very similar to the post above so bravo to Dodi on the excellent pics and directions! I'm am sold on trying it! Ordering tonight!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.