Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Problem with Polaris Caretaker

1. Back To Top    #1

Problem with Polaris Caretaker

Hi, guys. New to the forum. But I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and information available. I'm in the Tucson area. I had the pool built in 2007, and I am doing my best to learn how to handle as much as possible myself.

I have an issue and I've searched through the forum a bit to try and find the solution before posting. I got some ideas but still wanted to double check to choose the right solution. I have the Polaris Caretaker 5-port in-floor cleaner. I had some problems last year with the cycling of the pop-ups. It would get stuck in one section-not cycle. I cleaned the valves and the filter and that would fix it for a bit. But this year I can't get it to cycle. It keeps getting stuck in one section. And some of the pop-ups that come up now aren't in the 'regular' a couple from this usual section and a couple from the next section in the cycle are up. I was wondering if maybe some of the gears are stripped. I haven't disassembled the valve....thought I'd get some ideas first. Maybe a rebuild kit would fix it?

Apologies upfront for novice mistakes in posting or vocab. I'll get the hang of it....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

17000 Gal 15'x30' Pebbletec pool; Pentair Cartridge filter; Whisperflo 2hp Pump; Polaris Caretaker 5-port valve in-floor cleaner; SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Problem with Polaris Caretaker

Hi, Rob,

Welcome to the forum. Your post is in the right spot and your "lingo" is perfect!! Sorry I can't be of help.....I have no knowledge of them other than to say, sadly, in-floor cleaners seem to be somewhat troublesome across the board.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School