10 Month old Plaster with waterfall from Spa

Centex

Jan 13, 2012
Round rock texas
I'm still struggling with PH and TA. I realize the two Spa waterfalls into pool will raise PH and the new plaster will also do this. My CH has been fairly constant and currently 250. With the rising PH I'm needing to add acid on a regular basis and this is lowering the TA, so also needing to raise TA on a weekly basis. Seems like my situation likes to stay closer 80 TA instead of 110. I do have some scaling but only right around the spa/waterfall feature. Any suggestions how I can reduce the number of corrections I need to make and create a more stable environment?

There is nothing wrong with having a lower TA ... in fact if you leave it lower, it will help to hold your pH from rising.

Where did you see a recommendation of 110? Recommended Levels shows a recommended level of 70-90+ or even lower (60-80) for SWG because the SWG tends to pull the pH up as well.

Just continue adding acid to keep the pH in check. Maybe occasionally test the TA, but don't worry too much about it.

The "scaling" you see on the waterfall could just be due to evaporation of the water when it is off leaving behind the calcium. Post a full set of numbers and we can see if anything could be adjusted to help:
FC = x
CC = x
pH = x
TA = x
CH = x
CYA = x

I just mentioned the SWG levels to point out that a TA level of 60 is still within recommended ranges. You may stabilize above that level anyway.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.