Pentair vs pool pilot

May 24, 2009
My pool pilot rc60 power supply and cell died after 5 years. Thinking of changing to Pentair 60. How do they compare? I liked the pool pilot but don't like replaceing the power supply every 5 years. pool size 45000 gal Midwest - Thanks

Unless you have an Pentair brand automation system, the Pentair IC60 can only be set in steps of 20%. That makes the available adjustments rather coarse and thus makes inefficient use of the cell life.

Thanks I understand I liked my dig220 - 60 but don't like have to replace the power supply every 5 years. any other reason you don't like the ic60? Pool pilot guy suggested I step up to the CC15. Do you think the power supply would be longer lasting.

Thanks

The cell won't affect the power supply life. The newer revisions of the power module (the power supply) is more reliable and runs much cooler than previous versions, so I would anticipate a new DIG-220 to last much longer than you've experienced. BTW, it should have lasted more than 5 years.
There's no need to go to the CC-15, unless you don't mind the extra cost of the larger cell. It will last longer, and can provide more chlorine production.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.