Mar 3, 2012
Lebanon,Tn
FC-7
PH-7.4
TA-90
CYA-60
BORAX-50
WATER TEMP 67 THIS MORNING
The question I have is my FC is running a 6 to a 7, people and pool store are telling me that is to high, I have my SWG at 20 percent as low as it can go. I am thinking as soon as it warms up and we start swimming it will go down to 4 to 5. but until then is this alright, or do i need to shut off during the middle of the day so sun will take some?

Re: FC Qustion

Take a look at the chart here pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock.

Pool stores tell you that your FC is too high because honestly, they were told that in the beginning and they just don't know any better. No one ever explained to them what the chemical relationship between CYA and chlorine was. So, a FC of 7 with a CYA of 6 is PERFECT! Now go swimming if you can stand being cold!

ETA: Ok, my bad. I just realized that you are running a SWCG. In that case, you can let your FC hang around 4 ppm if you like. You can still run it at an FC of 7 ppm without problems but that may be hard to do because your cell is putting out a fair amount of FC. You can shut the cell off for a while and let the FC drift down to 4 if you like.

319957_2480508777494_1395806769_32878057_442463130_n.jp

fishunt said:
On the link you just gave me it says 3 to 4 for a SWG pool, so 7 is alright?

No problem being a little high ... just NEVER get too low. It is generally accepted as safe for swimming up to shock level which is a FC of 18-24ppm for your CYA of 60ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.