We used the heater on the pool for the first time this weekend. I wasn't sure how quickly it would change the water temp, so I kept track of some of the variables.
The Heater is a Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu). We had 2 "Deep Heat" return lines run to the floor of the pool. I switched to these returns the morning I started the heater. The pool was uncovered the whole time (I didn't get a change to wash off the solar cover ) All temperature reading are from the Jandy PDA Remote.
I tried to get temps at the same time, but it didn't work out...
It will take the Spa (about 400-500 Gal) from 50 deg to 100-102 in about an hour.
If anyone else has some data on your pool, feel free to post it.
4/18 - Day High Temp 84 Overnight Low Temp 53
4/19 - Day High Temp 85 Overnight Low Temp 56
- 8:00am - Air Temp 59 - Water Temp 66
- 3:00pm - Air Temp 87 - Water Temp 74
4/20 - Day High Temp 99 Overnight Low Temp 57
- 8:00am - Air Temp 63 - Water Temp 68
- 9:00pm - Air Temp 71 - Water Temp 74
4/21 - Day High Temp 92
- 6:00am - Air Temp 58 - Water Temp 71 ** Heater turned on and set to 84
- 11:30am - Air Temp 89 - Water Temp 84 ** Heater turned off for the Pool and switched to the Spa
- 7:00pm - Air Temp 77 - Water Temp 82
I think I gained about 1 degree per hour of the heater running. And if I read the meter correctly it used 22,000 CF of Natural Gas. And if I calculated the cost correctly it is about $17.50.