Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Ultra Frame Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Ultra Frame Pool

I am thinking of buying a 48"x18' intex ultra frame pool.My only concern is ,we already have sand where our other pool was.I wonder if this will be a problem with the legs sinking.Thought maybe getting those angled bricks to put under legs or dig a circle for the pool to sit in.Too much sand to try and get rid of.We have had the round easy set pool for past 5 years and it sat right on top of the sand and worked fine.My son says it will be fine on the sand but from what I have read,there are issues with it sitting on sand due to legs sinking.I know that a ground cloth comes with so was going to put that under the pool,too.Is this ground cloth a tarp?Thanks!Maybe I should just go back to getting the easy set pool again.Any advice or help would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Intex Ultra Frame Pool

If you dig down to use the blocks for the legs you'll be fine as long as it isn't a mound. Which, if the easy-set was ok on it the Ultra-frame should be too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex Ultra Frame Pool

Thank you!