DIY Controller SWG Installation (New to The group)

I ran across this forum while looking for a replacement controller because mine was hit by a close by lightning strike. I looked back to some of the older posts for information, but honestly didn't go back more than a couple of pages. A lot of great collective wisdom that I am sure can help.

Long story short, my in ground gunite pool is about 9 years old. I have a Polaris Sol 1000 controller that controls pool pump, spa, Polaris cleaner, lights etc. The pool is OK at best but with the controller going out I am looking to install a new controller with a SWG and clean up the pool equipment area.

My first question out of the box is whether or not what I am considering is a reasonable Do-it-Yourself project? I am reasonably skilled and not intimidated by what I have seen so far (although some of the chemistry baffles me).

I am sure there will be a lot of other questions if I decide to go with the DIY approach. I am looking forward to being an active member of the forum.

Welcome to TFP.

There is very little in pool automation that can't be done by a competent DIYer. All the installation and hookup is easy. The programming things can get a little involved if you want to do fancy stuff. And there's always help for that when you ask.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.