Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 1400, 125 and 194 codes

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aquapure 1400, 125 and 194 codes

I'm on my third sensor after less than four years of owning my pool. Both times my sensor went out, I received error codes 125 and 194. My first sensor was covered under warranty, but I had to buy the second one. Cold weather may be playing a role, as it happened both times after a freeze. I always clean my sensor and cell 3 times/year.

Is this just luck of the draw, or should I be using something other than a tooth brush to clean the sensor?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400, 125 and 194 codes

Welcome to TFP.

If it's happened after a freeze both times I'd say you should protect the cell during freezing weather.

Are you running the pump during freezing weather?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, I use freeze protect and haven't had any issues with my equipment freezing up.

4. Back To Top    #4

I though error codes 125 and 194 signaled a bad cell?

5. Back To Top    #5

Long Beach, CA

My sensor went bad this year after using it for just over a year. I did turn my output to 0% this winter for a month and when I started to use it again it was giving me no flow errors. The coldest water temp that I saw this winter was 58 degrees.

My pool builder replaced the sensor under warranty and he said a lot of these sensors are starting to fail. The new sensor has a chip that does some diagnostics before the system starts to produce chlorine. With the old sensor that time was less than a minute and now it takes 4 to 5 minutes. I have not needed to clean my cell as it has been spotless every time I inspected it.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process