Waters' Pool Build - Jamison, PA (pics)

We have water! From my rough calculation (starting meter number, finished meter number) we have just over 20,000 gallons. That was both my and the PB's estimate, so it's good to get confirmation. No pics yet, it rained all day.

I'm meeting with the start up guy tomorrow or Sunday. He'll walk us through the systems, show us how to brush the plaster and get us ready. Salt won't be added for at least a couple of weeks.

John

Casey said:
WE WANT PICS! :lol:
Ask and you shall receive... ;)

IMG_2439.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2450.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

John

Here I am after moving 4 loads of mulch. I barely put a dent in the pile. Ugh.

IMG_2458.JPG

The kids are ready to go swimming! Water temp is 65. I don't think they would last very long.

IMG_2459.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG

These picture are already a little old. I put together a small table (4') with 4 chairs and a umbrella. It's sitting at the end of the deck. The pool start up guy came late in the day. We got everything hooked up and running. He showed me the systems and left the Legend cleaning and some other supplies (skimmer, pole, brush, vac, etc.). Now we get to brush the plaster twice a day for 2 weeks. Ugh.

I played with the lights a little tonight. Very cool. They do a good job of covering the pool. I'll try to take a video later.

I do have some sad news though. A baby bunny found its way in the pool last night and couldn't get out. :cry: We had a litter under the swing set, so I'm guessing it's from there. We have a ton of wild life back here, so we're going to go out tomorrow and try to find some kind of ramp to put in at night. The pool guy said they have them.

John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
reef n ale said:
Look, John...I know you're excited and all, but do we have to remind you of basic pool safety? Jeez...
LOL. Busted! :lol: About a hour later and your picture would have been accurate.

Everything seems to be going good. This plaster brushing is for the birds though. Uhg. Only had one small event. The filter needed to be back flushed (because of the plaster dust). What followed must have looked like a 3 stooges movie. My son and I were running around screaming like girls. Note to self: Buy a longer hose...

John

Congratulations! It looks awesome :thumleft: Your kids are too cute...you all are going to have a great summer as soon as that water warms up. 65 is brrrr...it's gotta be at least 86 before I'll get in ours. Projecting, of course, to when we actually have water!

Final Inspection 5/20/08

Final Inspection 5/20/08

We had our final inspection this afternoon. My wife said the guy just walked along the fence (only half way around). Didn't even go inside. He said everything looks good, you're done.

And with that ends the first phase of the saga. We still need to add the salt (PB will do that in a couple of weeks) and continue to brush this blasted thing twice a day. In the fall the PB will show me how to close and put on the winter cover. I don't think the landscaping will ever end, so I'm not going to put a finished date on that. Oh yeah, I still need to put together the solar cover reel and cut the cover (when it comes in).

Phase 2 is just a couple of small projects.
Landscaping
Landscape lighting
Fence or blind around the equipment
Outdoor speakers
Wireless music control
Second set of steps off the deck (to improve traffic flow)

Phase 3 will be fall/winter/spring projects
Heater for Pool (?)
Outdoor kitchen (or island)
New (small) pond with stream connecting to main pond
Bridge over stream

John

Here's the timeline for those interested.

Timeline:
Interviewed Builders: Fall/Winter 07
Picked Builder: 1/14/08
Excavation - 3/24/08
Steel -3/26/08
Bonding Inspection - 3/27/08
Gunite: 3/28/08
Plumbing: 4/2/08
Electric: 4/4/08
Electric Inspection: 4/8/08
Tiling: 4/13/08
Decking Frame/Crushed Stone: 4/23/08
Deck Bonding Inspection: 4/23/08
Decking Poured: 4/29/08 - 4/30/08
Rough Grading: 5/1/08
Fence: 5/3/08
Rake and Seed: 5/6/08
Prepare for Plaster (cleanup): 5/8/08
Fence Inspection: 5/9/08
Plaster: 5/15/08
Water: 5/15/08 - 5/16/08
Startup: 5/17/08
Final Inspection: 5/20/08

Another quick update.

Memorial Day weekend was crazy. A the last moment, it was decided that we'd host the family Memorial Day party. The biggest draw of course being the pool. At 65 degrees, there wouldn't be many swimmers, so I put on the solar cover and cut it to fit. I also put together the solar reel because we're still brushing this dang thing. I ran the wiring for the outdoor speakers and got everything hooked up. It's nice to have access to my MP3 collection from the pool (wireless).

Water temp rose pretty quickly. We were helped by some nice weather. By Sunday we hit 76. The kids went in with no problem. My wife just walked around in the water. After some yard work I dived in. It actually felt really good. A little cold, but it was fine if you moved around.

By the time people started showing up Monday, the water was at 78 degrees. Still a little cooler than I like it, but that didn't stop everyone from jumping in. Family, friends, swimming, music, grilling, beer. It doesn't get much better.

I also took a quick swim Monday night (a cousin joined, but my wife just put her feet in) with just the pool lights on. Very nice.

The water was up to 80 yesterday. I didn't get to go in, but the kids did. The PB dropped off the salt (12 50 pound bags) this morning and wanted to put it in. I denied that request and told them to just leave it. I'll be handling everything myself.

John

Looks awesome John, me jealous too :p Looks like a nice area and the kids are gonna be so happy to get to swim all of the time. We are only at the pool walls here so at least another month before we get water, we have loads of ground work to figure out as we had to raise the deep end of our pool, so it's gonna take alot longer than I would like. Just have to resist pouring water into the hole and slopping around in the mud to cool off :shock: Enjoy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.