Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: GREAT FIND!! 2EZ Speed - .75HP Square Flange 2 Speed $300

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lakeland, FL

GREAT FIND!! 2EZ Speed - .75HP Square Flange 2 Speed $300

Hello All,
    Not sure how long this will last. But it seems like a GREAT Deal. Maybe it's a typo.
    But in looking I stumbled upon this:

Price seems incredible.

Hope someone finds use for it.

17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2
    Bartlesville, OK

Re: GREAT FIND!! 2EZ Speed - .75HP Square Flange 2 Speed $30

Too bad it's a 56Y frame, I need a 56J
    27000 gal 18x36 rectangle In-Ground built in 1978
    Vinyl liner, 3/4hp Hayward Super pump, single speed 3450rpm
    Sand Filter: 300 pound sta-rite T-240BP-1, 3.14 sqft surface area
    Using bleach since 2 Compupool SWG units have failed
    K-2006 Test kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Ocala, FL

Does anyone else have anything about this brand of motor or the website?? I find the price kind of attractive, since I'm looking for something to replace my single speed 1.5HP on a 1900 gallon pool.
    21,500 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' Diamond Brite Cool Blue pool. Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5 HP 2 speed pump running on low for 8 hrs a day, Sta-rite PCX125 cartridge filter, CircuPool RJ-45 SWG, 500 watt incandesce light, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot cleaner, Solar-Breeze NX & TF-100 test kit, Taylor K1766 kit with speed stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

NE Florida

I'm pretty sure that's the normal price, they have both type of frames available I believe. 9square and round flange) I've been toying with the idea of getting one in a 2 hp or 1 1/2. My hesitation is the electronics and how they will hold up with all of our lightning in the summer. The program-ability of it is very nice though. No review on them that I can find though they are made by a big manufacturer.
    22K gallon free form pebble tec pool, non screened, surrounded by 3, 100+ year old Live Oaks (pure misery for 3 months every spring) elevated non heated spa, jandy cl340 filter, Pentair Inteliflo 3hp pump, Jandy 1400 swg, infloor cleaning system which has had all outlets removed due to uselessness of system with the organic load the pool carries and now low rp

5. Back To Top    #5

I have installed around 10 of these motors. Haven't had a problem. The price is great.

6. Back To Top    #6

Orange County, CA

Do they fit on a WhisperFlo wet end? Also, can the dual speeds be controlled remotely as with other 2-speeds (or via an RS485 serial link)?
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

They can be controlled like a traditional 2 speed motor with dual timers, etc., but I'm pretty positive not rs485. But...they are "ez" because you don't have to mess with any of that stuff. I've installed a few and I like them. You'll get your money back quick.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

8. Back To Top    #8

Central FL

I have a Pentair WhisperFlow WF-24 1hp/s.f. 1.25 hooked up to a Pentair EasyTouch automated control system and a Pentair IntelliChlor IC20 chlorine generator. The motor in my WhisperFlo pump just died, and I'm comparing some of the motor replacement options, including both the 2EZ Speed and ImPower dual-speed motors. Both look to be great replacements for my pump motor, and use permanent magnets, and price wise the 2EZ Speed is the most inexpensive of the two. Would you (Keene3b07 and thepoolman) guys recommend the 2EZ Speed over the ImPower motor? And from your experiences, does it hold quite well in reliability in both the life of the motor and the electronics in the control panel/timer?
    10k gal. plaster IGP with attached Spa, Pentair EasyTouch 4 automation system with 4 circuit wireless control, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 1hp single speed pump, Pentair IntelliChlor IC20 Salt Water Chlorine Generator, 3x Savi Melody w/color LED's, Pentair MasterTemp 400 LP water heater, Pentair Clean & Clear CC150 Cartridge Filter.