Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! I cannot pick a color for diamond brite

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! I cannot pick a color for diamond brite

I have a bluestone deck and am looking for a good color for the inside. I like French grey but would like my water to look blue. Does anyone have a gunite type product in there pool they like the color of? I would love to see pictures if you have some.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Help! I cannot pick a color for diamond brite

Pretty much anything will end up looking blue; it's a matter of how dark or light blue you want. My pebble finish is really gray, and the water looks pretty dark blue.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Riverside, CA

You can look at all the Diamond Brite or PebbleTec colors online, but there are a million variables (sunlight, color of the decking, trees, clouds, etc). You won't really know what it looks like until it is done.

Pebble Tec, tries to show the color at different depths here. And you can scroll through a bunch of photos of pools with the actual color. But they all look different (as you will see) ... lack-satin

We used a local / generic version of Pebble Sheen (ie small rocks) for our pool. I had the guys custom mix the product on site. It is still hard to tell what it will look like until you have it full of water.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)

4. Back To Top    #4

Just curious... is that a special drain cover that they plastered to match the pool, or do they all allow that?
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5