Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from SC

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide
    Columbia SC

Hello from SC

I'm a new pool owner as we installed an inground vinyl lined pool late last summer. I am so glad I found this forum for several reasons.

1) I have already purchased my test kit and am really trying to learn all of this stuff.
    2) for all the knowledgeable replies to my post about feeling the slight electric shock in the pool.
    3) the care methods reccomended here that discourage the "pool store" advice are great......
    not only am I too far away from a pool store out in the country to make that in any way convenient but I'd rather have control and understanding of all of this stuff myself over taking blind advice.

Thanks .
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Hello from SC

Glad to have you here AimeeH
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey AimeeH...I live in Texas now, but I'm still a Carolina girl. Please post pics, so I can see my home state. Haven't made it home since Thanksgiving and am missing that red clay and those tall trees.