No installer menu found and no settings show to turn on pump

qsch

Nov 8, 2009
Hi, I can't turn on the pump normally. All of a sudden it seems the settings have disappeared. Also the pump program one and two are not indicated in the maintenance menu so the automatic setting for the pump to come on a certain time and then turn itself off are not there. The only way for me to turn on the pump is by pressing boost. Not sure if something was deleted in the program but not sure how I can reactivate or reset this. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Re: No installer menu found and no settings show to turn on

What brand/model of SWG do you have?

One thing worth trying on any brand is to turn off the power to the unit and then turn it back on again. That often solves problems.

Hi I already tried taking the power off and restarting but to no avail. Not sure why this has happened I am really lost! The maintenance menu only shows a few options like time of day, calibrate etc. but not pump programs. Installer shows nothing. The Computer is a Pool Pilot DIG 220. Regards

sounds like your programming got reset. To confirm, if you press the PUMP button, it will probably say, EXTERNAL TIMER. If it is still programmed correctly, it would say PUMP ON or PUMP OFF.
If it says EXTERNAL TIMER, follow the steps in the owners manual to set your system to control your pump. I would also recommend going through the entire menu in the INSTALLER MENU to ensure that the rest of the information didn't get changed for whatever reason.

Ok thank you! Yes indeed it says External Timer. I forgot to mention that! Can this be through a power cut or some system error or would it have to happened by someone erasing it by mistake? Maybe my pool guy didn't know what he was doing and that just makes me sick! I will go through the steps as you suggested and see what I can come up with! Will let you know how it goes! If you have online step by step instructions kindly let me know as I am not sure if I can locate the original owners manual at the moment. Regards

Ok so I went into the installer menu and saw that it was set on external timer. Have no clue how this happened??? Then also the gallons of the pool were somehow set to 125,000, which I changed back to 25k. By the pump speed I didnt know if I was to choose 1 speed or 2 speed so I just chose 1 speed and set the pump to come on from 8 - 11 AM by pump program 1 and from 3 - 6 PM by pump program 2. So I am not sure if I should change from 1 speed to 2 speed (does this make a difference?). Furthermore everything is working fine again as before except when I put on the pump to check it it said purifier off check flow and add 317 lbs of salt. Is it stating this just because I need salt or would the purifier part be related to something else? (it rained immensely in the last 2 days so I do know that it needs salt)

PS: I did clean the little strainer thingy as I know it states purifier off if this hasn't been cleaned

Give it until tomorrow and see if the salt reading is still the same then.

By "speed" I suspect you mean power level. Generally you only need to turn up the power level if you find yourself using a percentage over 80%. When that happens, turn up the power and lower the percentage back down to 50% and continue adjusting from there.

Set it to One Speed Pump. If you set it to two speed pump, you will not have freeze protection; and if you should happen to have a failure of your flow switch, it may allow the cell to energize, thus producing hydrogen gas (which can explode).

Have your water tested to verify your salt level. Calibrate the DIG if it is different from what your test shows.

By speed I meant, what I should set the pump as being. One-speed pump or two-speed pump? I have no clue what the difference is!

We are waiting for the pool guy to bring over salt as it definitely needs some, however would that be the reason why the computer is stating "Purifier Off check flo"? We cleaned everything and all the strainers so the only thing it could really be is the salt level, but then again I am not sure if this causes it to give that error. The tri cord is relatively new so I doubt it would be in relation to connectivity.

Thanks for all your assistance!

A two speed pump has the ability to switch between high speed, or a more cost effective low speed. The pump ID Label will indicate if it is a two speed pump, as both horsepower will be listed. Most pumps are one speed pumps.

Low salt would not cause a Check Flow display. This has something to do with not enough water passing through the manifold assembly and activating the flow switch in the tri-sensor assembly. However, insufficient flow can cause a low salt display.
Resolve the flow issue first.
Check pump/skimmer baskets. Check to make sure there aren't any valves redirecting flow from the manifold. Check filter pressure to see if it needs to be backwashed or cleaned.
Regarding a flow issue with the AutoPilot, also check your cell for scale formation within the cell body. Check the manifold base check valve to ensure it is not stuck in the opened position (turn the pump off and see if the check valve closes all the way, then turn the pump ON to see if it freely opens). If it's stuck in the opened position with the pump off, it may be allowing too much water to bypass the tri-sensor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

So we figured out that "Purifier off check flow" was related to the salt setting after all. Very weird but it definitely was not about the flow being interrupted as we checked everything and it all was fine. When the system reset itself (again have no clue why it did), the entire setting in the computer of how much salt was in the pool was deleted. It kept saying we need salt although when we checked the salt level manually it was over 4000 PPM. So in the end we calibrated the salt after which the error came off and whilst the pool is slowly getting back to its original blue colour, the generator is generating chlorine once again...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.