Instant liquid chlorine powder

Jun 6, 2010
Garland, TX
Like most here I have experimented with various chlorine products until finally I pretty much use liquid chlorine (Clorox bleach) purchased from Costco. This certainly does the job I need it to but the mountain of plastic bottles gets a little old. The first couple of years of owning an inground pool I just used stabilized Di-Chlor until I discovered the CYA problem. I live in Dallas and there is not enought rainfall to wash CYA out of the pool so it readily builds up. Then I went through my Cal-Hypo phase, same problem, different chemical, hence the bleach.

Then I came across this:http://www.poolproducts.com/SPP/product_family.asp?family_id=2861
Although I'm not finding a lot of info on the product it seems to indicate that it is powdered chlorine without any other "attached" ingredient. Has anybody used this, and if so what do you think about it?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.