Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Instant liquid chlorine powder

1. Back To Top    #1

Instant liquid chlorine powder

Like most here I have experimented with various chlorine products until finally I pretty much use liquid chlorine (Clorox bleach) purchased from Costco. This certainly does the job I need it to but the mountain of plastic bottles gets a little old. The first couple of years of owning an inground pool I just used stabilized Di-Chlor until I discovered the CYA problem. I live in Dallas and there is not enought rainfall to wash CYA out of the pool so it readily builds up. Then I went through my Cal-Hypo phase, same problem, different chemical, hence the bleach.

Then I came across this:http://www.poolproducts.com/SPP/prod...family_id=2861
    Although I'm not finding a lot of info on the product it seems to indicate that it is powdered chlorine without any other "attached" ingredient. Has anybody used this, and if so what do you think about it?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Instant liquid chlorine powder

Quote Originally Posted by rocks911
    ... it seems to indicate that it is powdered chlorine without any other "attached" ingredient.
    More smoke, mirrors, and misdirection. You can see the manual/info sheet here, and its 73% Cal-Hypo.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for that.
    I didnt think they could produce chlorine in a dry form without another "attached" chemical.
    You're absoultely right about the misdirection.

4. Back To Top    #4

You could use lithium hypochlorite, but it is ridiculously expensive.

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Chemicals ... -Granular/

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for posting. I actually just saw this product in a catalog today and was wondering about it myself! Should have known it was too good to be true.
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks here also. Just seen the ad in the in the swim flyer that i get whether i want it or not. Great startup this year. First full year with trouble free pool. Cover off, clear water, ready to swim the next day. Really appreciate your help.
    18' x 36', 25,000 gallon IG with vinyl liner, sand filter and 3/4 hp pump