Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circulation question

1. Back To Top    #1

Circulation question

I would like to increase the water circulation in my pool. The return on my pool pushes OK but would like to have more movement on the other side of the pool where my ladder sits. Is this even necessary? I keep my eye tilted toward the floor of the pool just seems like there is lots of dead spots.....Thanks for any suggestions
    ons
    142OO Gallon
    Cartridge Filter
    AG
    1 1/2 HP Pump
    Charleston SC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circulation question

You should experiment with different ways to aim the return jet and see which one gives the most effective circulation pattern. Often aiming hard to one side and just a little down gives the best effect. When you have it adjusted just right all of the water will circulate around the pool, carrying surface debris around (which is the simplest way to see when you have it right). You have a large pump, so finding something that works shouldn't be too difficult.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Jason, After some research found my pump to only be a 1 1/2 horse power, changed in signature. Anyway after learning my new pump size do you stick with your recommend or would you add plumping to additional return on the other side of pool? Thanks
    142OO Gallon
    Cartridge Filter
    AG
    1 1/2 HP Pump
    Charleston SC

4. Back To Top    #4

An additional return will certainly help, but you still shouldn't have any problem finding something that works with just one return as long as that return can be aimed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School