Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: rubber plugs for CO2 tank

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

rubber plugs for CO2 tank

I used to work for a swimming pool service company. We would use a CO2 tank with a hose and rubber plug to blow out clogs in lines. Does anyone know where I can get some hose and the rubber plugs? The plugs allow air from the tank through the center of them and they have a compression wingnut you tighten to make it fit securely in the pipe. I cannot find the plugs and I have googled for days. I can find all sorts of rubber plugs and plugs with holes in them, but not the kind that has a hose connector on the top, a wingnut and allow air through the center. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: rubber plugs for CO2 tank

It was probably custom made. You can make one with the proper parts. A bulkhead fitting and a winterizing plug and some drilling.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

What you seek is called a purge plug, and they are commonly used in pipe welding to fill pipes with argon for welding and such. Here's a link - http://www.techsouthinc.com/purge/tspurge.html #disclaimer - I don't know these folks, just found them on the internet.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice find! Add that to my bank of random knowledge
    16'x32' -> 3' shallow, 8' deep ~22,000 gallon igp - Vinyl Liner.
    Sand Filter: Jacuzzi 225l-7 Sand Filter - 250lbs
    Pump: Hayward Max-Flo XL 1hp
    SWG: CircuPool RJ+ 60
    Water Source: Home Tap water (TA:230, CH:220)

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I knew there was a special name for them. It was bugging me like whenyou know the name of an actor but can't think of it. Thanks so much

6. Back To Top    #6

No problem. You might find something by looking for hollow stem test plug, or some such, but I've always known them as purge plugs.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]