Due to some ugly staining (that apparently was from iron), we drained, acid washed, and refilled.
Before draining, the iron measured at .15
Copper measured at .5, and I think I have some copper staining on the plaster (beautiful blue color) that was not removed with the acid. It seems rough, and it seems to be on top of the plaster.
Question 1 is : how do I remove the copper stain?
Question 2 is: should I use something regularly to prevent any more staining?
The current readings are:
FC .5 (in the process of shocking)
CYA 20 (added in 30 oz liquid and have not retested)
TA 140 (I lowered the ph a bit since this reading)
So - now what?