Titan Systems Heat Pump Problem

Apr 20, 2012
Hi All,

Just new to the boards here. We bought a house with an in ground pool. It has a Titan Systems TiII heat pump. I turned the power on to it and the fan is not running on top. Does anyone know if (a) the fan should run continuously at the start, and (b) if there is a minimum operating temp for theses units? We live on Vancouver Island and the air temp is about 10 - 15C(4o - 55F) I emailed the manufacturer but have not heard back yet. Some details -

Breaker is on
Pool has been opened, pump running, chemical numbers where they should be.
There is a little black knob at the back panel of the heat pump. I followed the start-up instructions but it doesn't seem to be operating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BL

According to the Titan II Ti owners manual, http://www.titanpoolheaters.com/site/pd ... 0Titan.pdf
the system should come on when the thermostat calls for heat. It will cycle to the defrost mode when temps fall below 43 degrees F.
Otherwise the fan should come on when the thermostat calls for heat. Shortly afterwards, the compressor should turn on to heat the water.
So even though it may be too cold, the fan should still come on when the thermostat calls for heat.

Is the unit display on when powered up? Is it showing any warning displays?

Thanks for the quick reply Sean!

It is the older analog type with no display....just a black knob on the back that turns from zero to ten. I looked at that pdf manual...seems to be for newer models. I get the feeling I may have to flip the breaker and take the panel off....maybe some corrosion occurred during the winter? It was covered though...

Do these things have a reset button?

Cheers

BL

Not sure with yours. Some do, and if so, they are usually around the bottom of the unit. If not, turning the power (circuit breaker) to the heat pump off and back on will accomplish the same thing.

On the Analog system, you should still have some dummy lights, no?

Hi Sean,

Problem solved.....there was a sub breaker in the crawlspace that had been switched off before we moved in. Found it, turned it on an Voila! Now we just need some nice weather here!!

Thanks for your help.

BTW, there are no dummy lights or electrical indicators on the TiII model. The mfr did return my email and suggested a few things to look for. Goo on them for a quick response....on a weekend!

Cheers

BL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.