Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Twister for Suction Cleaners

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Twister for Suction Cleaners

Anyone ever used one of these Pool Twisters to get your suction cleaner to clean the pool better?

http://www.pooltwister.com/

The local pool shop is pushing it pretty hard when I told them that my Barracuda G4 is circling the deepend only. Any experience with these? Seems interesting but not sure if will really work or not.
    16500 PebbleTec Pool in Tampa, FL. Jandy Aqualink with automation and PDA, Jandy PlusHP 1.5 HP motor (PHPM1.5), Jandy DE Filter (DEL48), Aquapure 1400 Chlorine Generator, Solar, Jandy Lite2 Propane Heater, Keepy Krauly Great White

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool Twister for Suction Cleaners

Some folks like them, but the first step is to make sure that your hoses aren't developing memory, which will cause your cleaner to track unevenly. If you lay the hose sections out, are they still straight, or are they starting to bow? If they are, stretching the hose out to its full length and letting it dry in the sun a day should help straighten it back out.
    Roy Steves - CMO, PoolSupplyWorld.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Just wanted to give an update. I did check the lines for memory and even laid them out for a couple days just to make sure. I installed the twister and the pool now is being completly covered by the cleaner and even goes up the walls better cause the cleaner gets 'turned' into the wall and the line is not in the way since it now comes off the cleaner at an angle. So it costs $40 and so far has worked out. Now I need to trouble shoot my Jandy system but that is for another post.
    16500 PebbleTec Pool in Tampa, FL. Jandy Aqualink with automation and PDA, Jandy PlusHP 1.5 HP motor (PHPM1.5), Jandy DE Filter (DEL48), Aquapure 1400 Chlorine Generator, Solar, Jandy Lite2 Propane Heater, Keepy Krauly Great White

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Cool, glad it worked out for you! Thanks for letting us know how it went!
    Roy Steves - CMO, PoolSupplyWorld.com

5. Back To Top    #5

I just ordered one of these. I am surprised more don't try them. They seem to address one of the major problems with suction side cleaners. I do wonder how long it will last and if any parts are available.
    ~15K gal, IG gunite with new Wetedge Satin Matrix Pebble Finish installed mid 04/14, 1 HP Pentair Challanger pump, Sta-rite System 3 300 sqft cartridge filter, G3 cleaner