green pool

Apr 20, 2012
hey everyone i didn't clean my pool all winter. the pool is dark green. about a month ago i called my pool guy to come clean it. he cleaned the whole floor and put chemicals in it..but he forgot to come back the week after and it turned green again. i haven't called him back since because i decided i want to do it myself. i normally just get chlorine from the pool store and shock bags. can someone please help me with clearing up my pool. thanks

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

The best place for you to start is by reading Pool School. Concentrate on the turning your swamp into an oasis thread. Learn to use the Pool calculator and you'll be on your way.

We are always happy to answer your questions and help you learn to maintain your pool once you get it clean.

P.S. You should also go ahead and order a good test kit (see my sig for the best). it'll put you way ahead of the game.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.