Best online pool store

Apr 17, 2012
If this question is not appropriate, please delete. However, because I live in a very rural area, I have to buy most of my pool products online. Since I'm a new member here and this site is so helpful, I would like to support an online store that supports this site. Any suggestions:

Thanks, Jed

One of the reasons TFP has no paid advertising is that so many of the online stores sell products that are not really compatible with BBB (Pool chemicals, etc).

Someday, we may do some institutional adds that have no controversy (like Pentair, Hayward or a SWG manufacturer) but, for now, we do not accept paid advertising.

There are a lot of good online stores and, I'm sure, some not so good. Any information you get here is anecdotal in that someone may report a bad experience with XYZ but it turns out that someone else reports a good experience with the same company so you are not helped.

In a nutshell, it ends up being just a little bit of a Crud shoot when you go online and the final judgement has to be whether you feel comfortable with them or not.

I have ordered misc. products (not chemicals) from several sites, but the one I would recommend first would be www.intheswim.com. Their prices are very competitive and they ship the same day you place your order. As duraleigh said, someone else here may have had a bad experience with them, but I personally haven't. I dropped my skimmer basket last Saturday morning and cracked it. I had a new one on my porch when I got home from work on Monday. That's fast service!

duraleigh said:
One of the reasons TFP has no paid advertising is that so many of the online stores sell products that are not really compatible with BBB (Pool chemicals, etc).

Someday, we may do some institutional adds that have no controversy (like Pentair, Hayward or a SWG manufacturer) but, for now, we do not accept paid advertising.

There are a lot of good online stores and, I'm sure, some not so good. Any information you get here is anecdotal in that someone may report a bad experience with XYZ but it turns out that someone else reports a good experience with the same company so you are not helped.

In a nutshell, it ends up being just a little bit of a **** shoot when you go online and the final judgement has to be whether you feel comfortable with them or not.

Thanks. I understand.

Thanks for the other post regarding the sites.

jed

Use Google shopping to find your desired product. It gives store reviews in the results. Stay away from stores with bad, little or no reviews. I found a generic salt cell replacement for hundreds less than anyone else that way and am very happy. Also try searching "<storename> scam" as a sanity check.

Check out h2opoolproducts.com. I remodeled my pool the summer before last and bought all new equipment from them and I was very happy with the service and price! They have everything; I got a new pump, DE filter, a timer, LED light, and The Pool Cleaner -- all at significant savings and its all running perfectly.

A lot of your satisfaction will depend on how close you are to the supplier. intheswim has a warehouse close to me in NJ and I generally get great service. But when something comes from their warehouse in Illinois or California it takes a lot longer. I use poolpartsonline as well, because they have a lot of stuff that other sites don't.

For a good price, I'll take a chance. I just bought a B2982 AO Smith 2-speed motor to upgrade my WhisperFlo. http://www.ezpoolz.com/ had the lowest price out there and I got exactly what I wanted shipped the next day by FedEx. Not that many people had the high-efficiency 2-speed motor I wanted so it was worth the risk.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'e gotten Polaris parts from poolproducts4less.com at good prices.

I shop around because I prefer to bundle several things in one shipment and so often I can't get everything at one place. "After tax and shipping" is the cost that matters.

I am a serious newbie to pools, but I just bought a filter sprayer nozzle from www.PoolCenter.com and they sent me one, and it leaked from every available crack in the thing. I emailed them a picture of it spraying water everywhere this morning and they apologized and sent another one out today... that's cool in my book. Shipped that and my other stuff fast. I just google until I find what I am looking for though...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.