Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best online pool store

1. Back To Top    #1

Best online pool store

If this question is not appropriate, please delete. However, because I live in a very rural area, I have to buy most of my pool products online. Since I'm a new member here and this site is so helpful, I would like to support an online store that supports this site. Any suggestions:

Thanks, Jed

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Best online pool store

One of the reasons TFP has no paid advertising is that so many of the online stores sell products that are not really compatible with BBB (Pool chemicals, etc).

Someday, we may do some institutional adds that have no controversy (like Pentair, Hayward or a SWG manufacturer) but, for now, we do not accept paid advertising.

There are a lot of good online stores and, I'm sure, some not so good. Any information you get here is anecdotal in that someone may report a bad experience with XYZ but it turns out that someone else reports a good experience with the same company so you are not helped.

In a nutshell, it ends up being just a little bit of a **** shoot when you go online and the final judgement has to be whether you feel comfortable with them or not.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have ordered misc. products (not chemicals) from several sites, but the one I would recommend first would be www.intheswim.com. Their prices are very competitive and they ship the same day you place your order. As duraleigh said, someone else here may have had a bad experience with them, but I personally haven't. I dropped my skimmer basket last Saturday morning and cracked it. I had a new one on my porch when I got home from work on Monday. That's fast service!
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

Bought my entire pool pkg online: http://familypoolfun.com
    Great transaction, I still buy from them.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

5. Back To Top    #5

I"ve used both Inyopools.com and poolsupplyunlimited.com, both with excellent results. YMMV, though.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    One of the reasons TFP has no paid advertising is that so many of the online stores sell products that are not really compatible with BBB (Pool chemicals, etc).

Someday, we may do some institutional adds that have no controversy (like Pentair, Hayward or a SWG manufacturer) but, for now, we do not accept paid advertising.

There are a lot of good online stores and, I'm sure, some not so good. Any information you get here is anecdotal in that someone may report a bad experience with XYZ but it turns out that someone else reports a good experience with the same company so you are not helped.

In a nutshell, it ends up being just a little bit of a **** shoot when you go online and the final judgement has to be whether you feel comfortable with them or not.
    Thanks. I understand.

Thanks for the other post regarding the sites.

jed

7. Back To Top    #7

Use Google shopping to find your desired product. It gives store reviews in the results. Stay away from stores with bad, little or no reviews. I found a generic salt cell replacement for hundreds less than anyone else that way and am very happy. Also try searching "<storename> scam" as a sanity check.
    18K Gals, Intelliflo VSD, Pentair Catridge, SWG, Solar & Gas Heat, Pebble Tec, Jandy AquaLinks, Pool Pal for Android.

8. Back To Top    #8

Check out h2opoolproducts.com. I remodeled my pool the summer before last and bought all new equipment from them and I was very happy with the service and price! They have everything; I got a new pump, DE filter, a timer, LED light, and The Pool Cleaner -- all at significant savings and its all running perfectly.
    10,000 gallon Pebble Fina Grigio, Pentair FNS Plus 60 sq ft DE filter, WhisperFlo Dual Speed 3/4 HP pump, IntelliBrite LED Light, The PoolCleaner, 8 gal Liquidator

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi jed1894,
    I've had great experience several times for pool parts here...
    http://www.poolpartsonline.com/
    Also with, http://www.intheswim.com

Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

10. Back To Top    #10

A lot of your satisfaction will depend on how close you are to the supplier. intheswim has a warehouse close to me in NJ and I generally get great service. But when something comes from their warehouse in Illinois or California it takes a lot longer. I use poolpartsonline as well, because they have a lot of stuff that other sites don't.

For a good price, I'll take a chance. I just bought a B2982 AO Smith 2-speed motor to upgrade my WhisperFlo. http://www.ezpoolz.com/ had the lowest price out there and I got exactly what I wanted shipped the next day by FedEx. Not that many people had the high-efficiency 2-speed motor I wanted so it was worth the risk.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.

11. Back To Top    #11

I'e gotten Polaris parts from poolproducts4less.com at good prices.

I shop around because I prefer to bundle several things in one shipment and so often I can't get everything at one place. "After tax and shipping" is the cost that matters.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

12. Back To Top    #12

I am a serious newbie to pools, but I just bought a filter sprayer nozzle from www.PoolCenter.com and they sent me one, and it leaked from every available crack in the thing. I emailed them a picture of it spraying water everywhere this morning and they apologized and sent another one out today... that's cool in my book. Shipped that and my other stuff fast. I just google until I find what I am looking for though...
    - Brandon.
    27,300 gallon in-ground Gunite pool
    1.95hp AC Smith pump
    150 gpm Hayward cartridge filter
    3 Volkswagens and a 73 Plymouth.

13. Back To Top    #13

Best online pool store

I go to the poolman on eBay.. Plus the store is located close to me
    35,000 gal, Pentair Nautilus FNS 60, waterfall, spa, expensive