Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Ecostar

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Ecostar

Hi folks- just purchased new pump. During install, the screw head for lead one on the main power supply broke during install. Has anyone had any experience with the Hayward warranty folks? Don't really have anywhere else to go from here since the screw barrel is flush with the receiving thread. Anyone have any other ideas? I have a reasonable level of experience with these connections and am baffled as to the cause. Didn't overly torque or cross thread. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
    Larry
    Larry
    18 X 36 Vinyl. Hayward Ecostar Aquarite 40000 swg Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Ecostar

Hayward has always directed me back to one of their dealers for warranty work. Just so happens to be our local PB, which I am less than impressed with. Where did you buy the pump? Did you contact them?
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you install the pump yourself?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

After I got my Eco-Star about 2 weeks later it would turn off via the electronic control panel so I called Hayward and they also referred me to one of their dealers which was the same company that did the install but they were friendly and helpful just keep in mind that I had mine installed by the same company I bought it from so not sure if you DIY'd it.

Good luck and hopefully they will help you out.
    15,500 Gallons IG Vinyl Sports Pool
    300 (80 GPM) Haywood High Rate Sand Filter (S244T) | Haywood EcoStar 2" Variable Speed Pump (Sp3400VSP)
    :)Running TroubleFree Pool since 4/6/2012, thanks to Pool School, Pool Calculator, TFTeskits and the kind and helpful members here, truly can't say thanks enough :)
    I now actually ENJOY taking care of my pool and being in control and understanding and my pool is grateful as well

5. Back To Top    #5

Update, I purchased online. I contacted Hayward directly and coordinated with them over the phone. They are sending out a replacement part. They have been quick to respond and act so far. I will update as soon as I receive the part and complete the install. So far they have done all I could ask in responding to this. Looking forward to being up and running again. I'll be trying the BBB approach this year for the fist time. New Taylor test kit is already in hand. Thanks for all the great info. Wish I had found it several years ago.

Larry
    Larry

6. Back To Top    #6

Received part form Hayward via fedex this am. Part installed and pump running, Oh what a feeling. Must say I have been impressed by the Hayward Warranty folks. Sent email Thursday night and received call first thing Friday morning. Part arrived Monday morning. I couldn't ask for more. Thanks for the feedback and support. Looking forward to my first BBB season.Aquarite panel soon to be installed with T-15 cell already plumbed in.
    Larry