4.19.12 @ 10:45pm
FC - 4.5
CC - 0.5
PH - 7.2
TA - 70 
CYA - 30
CH - 20

Ok so I stared the season off with a lovely dark green to black pool. :hammer:
My pool cover had blown off in a wind storm, and all the leaves fell into the pool that were on top of the cover. The water is now blue but is very cloudy, I am still cleaning the cartridge on a daily basis because the cartridge is still collecting a lot. I guess my question is the cartridge is on its third season should I buy a new one? Also please help with the cloudiness I can not get it clear. Thanks! :cheers:

I am assuming that I have defeated all the algae at this point. Water still very cloudy is this normal?
You must be very thorough as you finish the process. Keep your FC at shock value until your pool is crystal clear. Run the pump 24/7 (on high) Clean/backwash your filter as needed.

Yes, it is normal for water to be cloudy and it is normal to be very impatient.....don't be. Help your filter and pool by doing everything you can to get it cleaned up. Run the auto-vac, brush manually, etc.

Even though you may have killed the algae (the cc's test does not prove that, the OCLT test does) you must still filter out the particles in your water that is making it coudy

I am American so I don't like to wait for anything.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I do at least feel like I am making progress.
Yes, you certainly are.....not only in the appearance of your pool but of your understanding about pool water management.

Your next phase is likely "poolsparklyitis" wherein you become obsessed with how crystal clear your pool is......There is no cure but an occasional adult beverage will reduce the symptoms :shock: :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.