Aquarite Generating Lite Always on, even when not generating

Apr 19, 2012
When my Aquirite is on, there are 2 green lights that say on all the time: (1) Power and (2) Generating. My concern is that even when chlorine is not being generated, the Generating light remains on. Every thing seems to be functioning fine; mine is set to generate chloring 60% of the time. Has any one else had this issue with the Generating light staying on? Seems like it shoul only stay on when chlorine is being generated.

Re: Aquarite Generating Lite Always on, even when not genera

The manual says
GENERATING This LED is on steady during normal operation.
. That tells me that unless there's something wrong or it's turned off the Generating LED should be on. It also says that if it's flashing the water is either too hot or cold for operation.

thank you very much for your reply. That's been bugging me for a while.
If I understand correctly, the manual says the GENERATING light should be on all the time?? As a user, that doesn't make sense to me. In my mind, the POWER light would serve that function. When I open the panel door, it seems that it would handy to tell whether the unit was or wasn't generating chlorine at that particular instant and that the GENERATING light would serve that function. It almost sounds like they are using it as a temperature warning. If the water temperature is outside operating range, it will flash. Does the manual say there are any other reasons the GENERATING light will flash?

Thank you. I found the manual and saw what you were reading. It didn't say there were any other reasons for it to be flashing. Still doesn't make sense to me.

They probably decided to keep it on to cut down on the service calls related to it not being on when people walk by and see it. The number of people that would question why it's on is a lot less than the number that would question why it's not on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.