FC: 13.5
CC: 0
TC : 13.5
Ph 8.2
T/A 150
CH 780
CYA 65

questions
1. While doing CH I added 78 drops still color could not turn blue, I am wrong anywhere
2. My CYA test fill bottles label has come off, can any one tell me where to stick it again ? because I need to flll below & above label for test
3. Along with Ph , on left side what is Cl test it was 5-10 , dark yellow for me.

Thanks

Are you in shock mode right now? Or just finishing?

For CYA of 65ppm the recommended FC levels are 3-5ppm (without SWG they are 5-8ppm) ... seems like you are high for some reason.

You pH is not accurate right now because your FC > 10ppm. When it gets below 10, you need to check it and make sure it is less than 7.8. Probably want to add acid to get it down to 7.2 (which will also lower your TA).

The chlorine test with the pH test, is really just useful to confirm you have FC in the pool ... you have already done the more accurate test to arrive at 13.5ppm.

Seems like a lot of people are struggling with the CH test recently ... I am not help there. I also can not check right now where the CYA sticker is supposed to be.

sunny8088 said:
FC: 13.5
CC: 0
TC : 13.5
Ph 8.2
T/A 150
CH 780
CYA 65

questions
1. While doing CH I added 78 drops still color could not turn blue, I am wrong anywhere
2. My CYA test fill bottles label has come off, can any one tell me where to stick it again ? because I need to flll below & above label for test
3. Along with Ph , on left side what is Cl test it was 5-10 , dark yellow for me.

Thanks

Hi sunny8088, :-D
Use your graduated cylinder and fill with water to 15mL mark, pour in your CYA bottle and place bottom of sticker with the water level. A full 30mL would get you to the top of the sticker. (you could also just mark it with a permanent marking pin)
You could use the vial for measuring too. 50/50 mix with pool water and R-0013 reagent. :wink:

Chuck

Here is what you can do on the CH test to use less chemicals. Instead of filling to the 25 ml, use a 10 ml sample. Then add 10 drops of r-0010 mix, and 3 drops of r-0011l mix and it should turn red. Then add drops of r-0012 one drop at a time until it turns blue. Doing it this way each drop of r-0012 is multiplied by 25 instead of 10. Hopefully this will help some.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.