FC: 13.5
    CC: 0
    TC : 13.5
    Ph 8.2
    T/A 150
    CH 780
    CYA 65

questions
    1. While doing CH I added 78 drops still color could not turn blue, I am wrong anywhere
    2. My CYA test fill bottles label has come off, can any one tell me where to stick it again ? because I need to flll below & above label for test
    3. Along with Ph , on left side what is Cl test it was 5-10 , dark yellow for me.

Thanks
    15,000 Plaster IG Pool
    AquaRite SWG, C1750 Catridge filter
    G3 Vaccum, T-100 Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test results & questions

By the way pool is clear & I can see the deep end very clearly
    15,000 Plaster IG Pool
    AquaRite SWG, C1750 Catridge filter
    G3 Vaccum, T-100 Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you in shock mode right now? Or just finishing?

For CYA of 65ppm the recommended FC levels are 3-5ppm (without SWG they are 5-8ppm) ... seems like you are high for some reason.

You pH is not accurate right now because your FC > 10ppm. When it gets below 10, you need to check it and make sure it is less than 7.8. Probably want to add acid to get it down to 7.2 (which will also lower your TA).

The chlorine test with the pH test, is really just useful to confirm you have FC in the pool ... you have already done the more accurate test to arrive at 13.5ppm.

Seems like a lot of people are struggling with the CH test recently ... I am not help there. I also can not check right now where the CYA sticker is supposed to be.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by sunny8088
    FC: 13.5
    CC: 0
    TC : 13.5
    Ph 8.2
    T/A 150
    CH 780
    CYA 65

questions
    1. While doing CH I added 78 drops still color could not turn blue, I am wrong anywhere
    2. My CYA test fill bottles label has come off, can any one tell me where to stick it again ? because I need to flll below & above label for test
    3. Along with Ph , on left side what is Cl test it was 5-10 , dark yellow for me.

Thanks
    Hi sunny8088,
    Use your graduated cylinder and fill with water to 15mL mark, pour in your CYA bottle and place bottom of sticker with the water level. A full 30mL would get you to the top of the sticker. (you could also just mark it with a permanent marking pin)
    You could use the vial for measuring too. 50/50 mix with pool water and R-0013 reagent.

Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here is what you can do on the CH test to use less chemicals. Instead of filling to the 25 ml, use a 10 ml sample. Then add 10 drops of r-0010 mix, and 3 drops of r-0011l mix and it should turn red. Then add drops of r-0012 one drop at a time until it turns blue. Doing it this way each drop of r-0012 is multiplied by 25 instead of 10. Hopefully this will help some.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits