Buying Polaris 280 Online? How to avoid Refurb Units? Help!

Dec 25, 2011
Charleston, SC
I have heard some stories about folks buying a polaris online only to realize that it was refurbished. How do I ensure it is new and not refurbished? Also, can anyone recommend some reputable sites? Amazon, In the Swim and Pool Supply Warehouse all have the 280 for $370-380 but Leslies has it for $600. The price difference is suspect. Plus its also odd that if you go direct to In the Swim's website...their Polaris is a lot more than it is on Amazon. Help!

Re: Buying Polaris 280 Online? How to avoid Refurb Units? He

I bought my 280 on Amazon in early March for around $380. Brand new in the box, never been used. Warranty card included. Shipped from the Amazon warehouse. Works perfectly. Amazon being $210 less than Leslie's was not a surprise in my opinion. Go for it. You will not be disappointed.

woohoo said:
I bought my 280 on Amazon in early March for around $380. Brand new in the box, never been used. Warranty card included. Shipped from the Amazon warehouse. Works perfectly. Amazon being $210 less than Leslie's was not a surprise in my opinion. Go for it. You will not be disappointed.

Amazon is where I got my 280 from and no way did it look like a returned unit. It replace my old Letro Legend and wow does it work better. In fairness the Lenend was pretty old and worn.

Got to be careful with Amazon.com though. When buying from Amazon, be sure that Amazon is listed as the seller. The problem is that Amazon lets other "sellers" sell their products on Amazon.com when all that Amazon does is process the online order. These sellers may or may not be legit. This is particularly true of electronics and things. There have been cases where unsuspecting folks have bought off of Amazon.com from one of these sellers, only to end up with a refurb or something less than a refurb and have had little recourse to get help. If you are spending $$$, just be sure that the acutal seller is reputable.

I have purchased from In The Swim using their website and have not had any problems, though it has been over a year since I have bought anything from them. Looks like you received a brand new unit and are good to go!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.