Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Buying Polaris 280 Online? How to avoid Refurb Units? Help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Buying Polaris 280 Online? How to avoid Refurb Units? Help!

I have heard some stories about folks buying a polaris online only to realize that it was refurbished. How do I ensure it is new and not refurbished? Also, can anyone recommend some reputable sites? Amazon, In the Swim and Pool Supply Warehouse all have the 280 for $370-380 but Leslies has it for $600. The price difference is suspect. Plus its also odd that if you go direct to In the Swim's website...their Polaris is a lot more than it is on Amazon. Help!
    IG Gunnite Pool Size: 25K gallons (20 x 40, 3'6" to 6" depth) with 2 huge Baker Hydro cartridge filters under the skimmer baskets on the suction side, 2 mech timers
    BRAND NEW PLASTER! Quartzscapes/Diamondbrite, Newer Polaris 280, Brand New Hayward Maxflo VS, Brand New Pentair Intelichlor
    I will conquer the black algae this pool season!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Buying Polaris 280 Online? How to avoid Refurb Units? He

I bought my 280 on Amazon in early March for around $380. Brand new in the box, never been used. Warranty card included. Shipped from the Amazon warehouse. Works perfectly. Amazon being $210 less than Leslie's was not a surprise in my opinion. Go for it. You will not be disappointed.
    33,000 Gallon Vinyl Liner In-Ground Pool
    Intelliflo VS Pump; Triton II TR100 Sand Filter with Plumbed Waste Line
    IC40 SWG Cell; Easy Touch 4 Control Panel; Polaris PB4-60Q Halcyon Booster Pump
    Polaris 280 Automatic Cleaner; Dedicated return line; 1/2 Full Beer, Something on the Weber;
    AND, most importantly a TF100 Test Kit and a SpeedStir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Amazon has a great return policy if you get it and are disappointed.
    13k gallon IG gunite pool
    Jandy 2 speed pump
    Jandy cartridge filter
    Stenner Pump and tank

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow! Thanks so much everyone! I love this Forum! I am going to Amazon Right now!
    IG Gunnite Pool Size: 25K gallons (20 x 40, 3'6" to 6" depth) with 2 huge Baker Hydro cartridge filters under the skimmer baskets on the suction side, 2 mech timers
    BRAND NEW PLASTER! Quartzscapes/Diamondbrite, Newer Polaris 280, Brand New Hayward Maxflo VS, Brand New Pentair Intelichlor

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo
    I bought my 280 on Amazon in early March for around $380. Brand new in the box, never been used. Warranty card included. Shipped from the Amazon warehouse. Works perfectly. Amazon being $210 less than Leslie's was not a surprise in my opinion. Go for it. You will not be disappointed.
    Amazon is where I got my 280 from and no way did it look like a returned unit. It replace my old Letro Legend and wow does it work better. In fairness the Lenend was pretty old and worn.
    16,000 gal IG Double Roman Plaster Pool (16yrs - plaster redone 2014)
    Pentair FNS-48 DE filter with WhisperFlo 2HP single speed pump
    Polaris 280 robot
    BBB all the way and tested with a TF100 kit
    Pool Calc user

6. Back To Top    #6

Got the 280 it in the mail yesterday...free shipping from amazon...its in the pool and working great! Thanks everyone!

7. Back To Top    #7

Got to be careful with Amazon.com though. When buying from Amazon, be sure that Amazon is listed as the seller. The problem is that Amazon lets other "sellers" sell their products on Amazon.com when all that Amazon does is process the online order. These sellers may or may not be legit. This is particularly true of electronics and things. There have been cases where unsuspecting folks have bought off of Amazon.com from one of these sellers, only to end up with a refurb or something less than a refurb and have had little recourse to get help. If you are spending $$$, just be sure that the acutal seller is reputable.

8. Back To Top    #8

It was In the Swim Pool Supplies. through Amazon. Are they reputable? The box and even serial looked brand new. I registered my serial number online and it seemed to accept it.

9. Back To Top    #9

I have purchased from In The Swim using their website and have not had any problems, though it has been over a year since I have bought anything from them. Looks like you received a brand new unit and are good to go!
    33,000 Gallon Vinyl Liner In-Ground Pool
    Intelliflo VS Pump; Triton II TR100 Sand Filter with Plumbed Waste Line
    IC40 SWG Cell; Easy Touch 4 Control Panel; Polaris PB4-60Q Halcyon Booster Pump
    Polaris 280 Automatic Cleaner; Dedicated return line; 1/2 Full Beer, Something on the Weber;
    AND, most importantly a TF100 Test Kit and a SpeedStir.