Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Epoxy sealer for wood deck?

1. Back To Top    #1

Epoxy sealer for wood deck?

Hey guys and gals. I read a post a while back that had a link to an Epoxy sealer for wood decks. It came in quite a few colors and had a texture finish. For the life of me I can't find the link now. And searching didn't turn anything up. Anybody that can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Sent From My Inspire 4G Using Tapatalk
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

I am not sure about the epoxy but I know the big box stores have solid color and translucent stains/sealers and I have also read somewhere that some places put a sand like material in it for texture? Not sure offhand if it's actually sand or not but might be worth checking out your local homedepot or lowes
    I am in the middle of refinishing and extending my deck to the pool and will most likely do the solid textured stain on the pool portion of the deck
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Epoxy sealer for wood deck?

there is a product called "deck restore" sold at most Home Depots...this is kind of a thick, textured, topcoat for old worn out deck surfaces..they make one for wood and another for cement.

HTH
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Re: Epoxy sealer for wood deck?

Quote Originally Posted by flyweed
    there is a product called "deck restore" sold at most Home Depots...this is kind of a thick, textured, topcoat for old worn out deck surfaces..they make one for wood and another for cement.

HTH
    Thank you so much! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Sent From My Inspire 4G Using Tapatalk
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

It burns feet!! Restore is also a pain to put on. Makes a big mess.
    34k Gal., IG 20x44 Vinyl, Hayward Super Pump 1.5HP, Hayward Pro Sand Filter, Jandy Lite2 Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: Epoxy sealer for wood deck?

Quote Originally Posted by bjmcconk
    It burns feet!! Restore is also a pain to put on. Makes a big mess.
    But lasts for years!!....heck even my wood deck without deck restore gets unbearably hot in the mid summer son..you gotta wear sandals or flip flops on it all summer...and it was just painted then. As for mess, plastic tarp is your friend.

Dan
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump