LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Argyle, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
For those of you who live in a municipality and use the municipal water source as fill water, how many folks on here have thought to check it? This would seem to make sense to a certain degree, especially if one is having problems with CH being high and such. For those of you who know, would it be reasonable to expect varying levels of things such as TA and CH from time to time or can one expect that if a municipal water source that has a TA of 120 and a CH of 350 will pretty much keep those same levels constantly year-round? If not, then it would probably be prudent to check the water from the tap prior to doing a large fill.

These are the questions that I come up with on a cool and cloudy day when I am bored with no grass to mow and it just wouldn't be much fun to sit out back and drink a beer. They come from the transoms of my mind and may mean nothing. :-D

Craig

I have very high TA and CH fill water during the summer months. Over the course of the year, my CH will rise lover 300 ppm. Last year I went from around 200 ppm to over 600 ppm. Refills are a yearly event for me. Lukily we have mostly surface water (i.e. low CH) in Jan-Feb so that is when I usually refill.

It is not just the fill water that is the issue. With solar, cool nights and winds, evaporation can reach up to 3"/ week in the summer. This means that I am adding a lot of fill water to the pool, fill water which is very high in TA and CH. :x

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.