Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any clues?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any clues?

Found this among the pool stuff the former owners left...

No bad jokes now...
    17 x 32 feet in-ground - 22,500 gallons - Vinyl liner
    Haywood sand filter (Model TBD) - Pump (TBD)
    Hot Spring spa
    Total noob...

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Any clues?

It appears to me to be some kind of alternative sanitizer stick (like Nature2 or something similar). The reason I made that guess is 1) the threads that could screw into a filter and 2) it appears to be sitting on top of a spa cover. But then again, I would expect a sanitizer stick to have some holes to 'release' the sanitizer...so hopefully someone can drop by with a definitive answer.

Is there anything similar in your spa filter?

On a side note, I noticed 'TBD' in your sig box for filter and spa. Do you mean you are waiting to decide what to buy, or you have not identified what you have? If it's the latter, you are welcome to post some pics and we can help you figure out what model they are!

3. Back To Top    #3

I just sat it on top of the spa cover. The spa came after we moved in, so it's got to be for the pool.

Yeah, i'm behind on updating my filter. The spa is a '94 Hot Spring Sovereign in very good shape for its age.
    17 x 32 feet in-ground - 22,500 gallons - Vinyl liner
    Haywood sand filter (Model TBD) - Pump (TBD)
    Hot Spring spa
    Total noob...

4. Back To Top    #4

It's a gizzmo, used as freeze protection in your skimmer. Picture near the end, here : pool-school/visual_encyclopedia
    My cement pond is a 36K gunite 20X40 built in mid 1960s, Hayward S244S filter, Aquarite SWCG, Jandy 1.5HP 2sp, TF-Test kit and Nitro Wall Climber

5. Back To Top    #5

^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^

Put it in the Skimmer when closing the pool and there's no need to drain any water.

6. Back To Top    #6

Gizzmo's work great as well when re-plumbing your pad. If you cut the pipe below the water line it will keep the water from the skimmer line from flowing back and creating a mess (or from flooding the neighbor's yard as I found out the hard way!). The line from the floor drain? That's a whole 'nother challenge!
    33,000 Gallon Vinyl Liner In-Ground Pool
    Intelliflo VS Pump; Triton II TR100 Sand Filter with Plumbed Waste Line
    IC40 SWG Cell; Easy Touch 4 Control Panel; Polaris PB4-60Q Halcyon Booster Pump
    Polaris 280 Automatic Cleaner; Dedicated return line; 1/2 Full Beer, Something on the Weber;
    AND, most importantly a TF100 Test Kit and a SpeedStir.