Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: High Temperature reading in cell

1. Back To Top    #1

High Temperature reading in cell

My Board was burned. Performed the soldering fix as described on nocellpower.com. I am now getting power and readings but cell temperature of 152 degrees. So it won't run. I plugged in my old cell (this one is only a few months old) and I get normal temperature readings but it doesn't generate any more. Is the cell bad? Could the soldering have caused this?? Any ideas welcome.
    Thanks,
    Rogerxcohn

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: High Temperature reading in cell

You most likely have a bad sensor. I'd check the connection on the board first though.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I think the connection is OK on board since I am getting other readings now and no "no power" message. But the sensor? Is that in the turbo cell? I checked turbo cell at Leslie's yesterday and they said it came up "fault". So must be the cell.
    Thank you

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

There is a temperature sensor in the cell that tends to go bad. If the cell is only a few months old, then it should still be under factory warranty.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. I'll return it

6. Back To Top    #6

Update; I did the soldering fix (no cell power.com) and returned the faulty t cell from CompuPool. Installed a new one under warranty and everything is working fine now. Thanks for all your help and advice. Saved me a ton ($600) of money!