Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Location of influent port for ORP

1. Back To Top    #1

Location of influent port for ORP

I'm using the Hayward Sense & Dispense and OPR control; the tube for the influent is after the 4 cartridge filter. When I'm testing for chlorine, the difference between the pool water and the test cell is about 4 ppm (pool water higher than test cell, 2.0 vs. 6.0). I've tested for adequate suction from the test cell and it empties a small bucket in no time and there is plenty of water coming from the influent tube.

Would I have more accurate results if I moved the influent port to a location between the pump and filter?

Thanx.
    SW FL, 19K IG with spillover & cage, Goldline Pro-Logic PS-8, Hayward Sense & Dispense, Hayward Swim Clear 4025, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Stenner MA pump, Aquabot, Hayward Aquarite SWG, Palin Pooltest 9, Helicol Solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Location of influent port for ORP

You are fine.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Any reason why there would be a 4 point spread between the pool water and the test cell?
    SW FL, 19K IG with spillover & cage, Goldline Pro-Logic PS-8, Hayward Sense & Dispense, Hayward Swim Clear 4025, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Stenner MA pump, Aquabot, Hayward Aquarite SWG, Palin Pooltest 9, Helicol Solar.

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you have a UV filter between the water filter and the test cell inlet?
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake
    Do you have a UV filter between the water filter and the test cell inlet?
    Nope.