Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Continious pool???

1. Back To Top    #1

Continious pool???

My wife wants me to install (for lack of a better description) a continious flow/current system in our existing pool to allow her to swim against the current (like the ones they advertise on tv). I have googled trying to find just the pump or device that will do this, but with no luck. Any advise on where to get the equipment or an alternative idea?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Continious pool???

You're probably looking for something like this, the BaduJet:

They are pricey though. I'm sure there is a much cheaper DYI option somewhere.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Putting one in an existing pool is pretty much impossible, as far as I know. A much simpler solution is a swimming harness that simply prevents you from moving as you swim...a quick google search for swimming harness pulls them right up.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

I bought my wife a swim leash so she can swim in place. It's just a couple velcro thinks that go on her ankles and it has a long bungee on it. I hooked a piece of rope to it and tied it off on a post. She gets to swim at whatever pace suits her without ever having to turn when she hits the wall.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5
    North Georgia

Here you go starts at $6900

Check out the specifications page for the details....
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

6. Back To Top    #6

I have a 3-jet 2-pump badujet system and I'm aware that they make one that just hangs on the side of a pool. This would work with the least amount of work. On the other hand mine was put in when the pool was built but I don't see any reason it coudn't be retrofitted in a pool.
    Northeast PA (Mt Cobb) 16,000 gallon in ground salt pool with all Pentair automation and Intelliflo VS pump. Also part of the pool is a two 5-horsepower 3-jet Badujet swim system. For heating we use a 384 sq-ft Heliocol solar pool heating system and additional solar from the 160 sq-ft house solar heating system.

7. Back To Top    #7

Jongig how do you like the unit? Does it work?
    Building year round use outdoor in ground pool in Wisconsin