Hello from League City, TX

Apr 14, 2012
Good Morning to All...I've been a lurker for a while, finally decided to jump in and say Hello. Husband and I are in the process of getting bids for a free form in the backyard. Never having owned a pool, I am thankful for all the information available on this forum and want to thank everyone for their time and dedication. I do have a couple of questions though. Of the 4 companies we called, only 3 called to meet with us; and of the 3, only 1 has even returned a bid. And while I am satisfied with what the one PB has returned, I do wish I had more to compare it to. The other two, said it would take 7-10 days to return a package, its been 3 and 2 weeks repectively. My feeling is if they are too busy to return bid packages, then do I really want them digging in my yard anyway. We have already been preapproved for our financing and know generally what we want and are looking in the 40-45 K price range, which I think is fairly typical...so I really don't understand why we haven't received more follow-up. So, I guess my question is,....Is this typical to only get 25% of the PB's in my area to actually return bids?...Do I need to contact more companies?..Any suggestions for PB's in the Southeast Houston area..(Clear Lake, League City,...etc)?