Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from League City, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from League City, TX

Good Morning to All...I've been a lurker for a while, finally decided to jump in and say Hello. Husband and I are in the process of getting bids for a free form in the backyard. Never having owned a pool, I am thankful for all the information available on this forum and want to thank everyone for their time and dedication. I do have a couple of questions though. Of the 4 companies we called, only 3 called to meet with us; and of the 3, only 1 has even returned a bid. And while I am satisfied with what the one PB has returned, I do wish I had more to compare it to. The other two, said it would take 7-10 days to return a package, its been 3 and 2 weeks repectively. My feeling is if they are too busy to return bid packages, then do I really want them digging in my yard anyway. We have already been preapproved for our financing and know generally what we want and are looking in the 40-45 K price range, which I think is fairly I really don't understand why we haven't received more follow-up. So, I guess my question is,....Is this typical to only get 25% of the PB's in my area to actually return bids?...Do I need to contact more companies?..Any suggestions for PB's in the Southeast Houston area..(Clear Lake, League City,...etc)?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Hello from League City, TX

Welcome to TFP.

Sometimes it takes a while for them to get back to you. Since this is the beginning of their busy season it's kinda understandable.

I would definitely get more bids.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Phoenix, AZ

Welcome to TFP! I second what Bama patient and get more bids!