New Install/Setup Questions, Questions, and more Questions!

Re: New Install/Setup Questions, Questions, and more Questio

Butterfly,

Thanks so much for the quick reply and info.

I guess all of this is turning out to be just like everyone here says, lol, the pool store people are just about selling stuff!!!!!

At least I am smart enough to come and ask before I go and buy their stuff, giggles, not too bad for a blonde huh?

So when I get ready to purchase CYA is that what I actually want to ask for, or is it called something different in the stores?

The 20 Mule Team Borax is where I will get my Borates from right?

And need the Muratic acid to go with it?

Thanks

CYA = stabilizer = conditioner = cyanuric acid

You have the source of borates correct

Muriatic acid will lower your pH and TA

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

jblizzle said:
CYA = stabilizer = conditioner = cyanuric acid

OK I think I got it right now, so where is the best place to find/buy the CYA stuff and what is it called in the stores?

You have the source of borates correct

If 20 Mule Team Borax = borates then yes I have some of that and will be getting more, (we bought all 3 boxes they had last week).

Muriatic acid will lower your pH and TA

I have 1 jug of Muriatic acid now and will get some more in the next month.

We will be ordering the pool by mid-June and should get it by the end of the month, but still have alot to get done between now and then, including learning, and stocking up on the items we will need.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.