Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Plus with Total Chemistry

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Plus with Total Chemistry

I have the AquaPlus with the Total Chemistry kit and acid feed system. I've now had my setup running for a couple of months now and all my levels including ORP seem to be staying at the correct levels except for my chlorine which is around a 5. Anyone have sugggestions on what I need to do to get this more inline as far as adjustments needed on the Aqua Plus system if any?
    15,000 gallon, Cartridge, In-Ground, Plaster Pool and Spa, Saltwater, Hayward AquaPlus Automated Chlorinator with Total Pool Chemistry Acid Feed System.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Plus with Total Chemistry

Post a set of test results and how you got them.

You should be able to target a lower ORP and that'll bring your FC down.

An FC of 5 ppm may be perfect, or even too low, depending on what your CYA is. It would also be nice if you'd put your pool and equip info in your sig.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Signature has been updated. I actually have a pool guy maintaining the pool right now since I just moved it and I'm still learning about maintaining it. Unfortunately he's not very good at giving me all the results of the tests he runs weekly, so that's why I'm trying to learn this stuff myself. Right now the automation system says the salt level is 3200ppm, Ph 7.6, ORP level 695mV. I just found my acid feed system low so my Ph was at 8.1 and now it's dropping after filling the acid feed system back up. My Pool Chlorinator is set to 50%, if my Chlorine is running high should I just lower the percentage? Also I don't know what CYA stands for so I'm about to look that up in the forum now.
    15,000 gallon, Cartridge, In-Ground, Plaster Pool and Spa, Saltwater, Hayward AquaPlus Automated Chlorinator with Total Pool Chemistry Acid Feed System.

4. Back To Top    #4

Also is this a good price and good test kit Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test Kit K-2006 $52.40.