Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Letro Legend Headaches

1. Back To Top    #1

Letro Legend Headaches

Hi,

Mostly cause by poor maintainence? 6 yrs old, I have never changed tires. Supply hose seems stiff, and the bends will not come out and the lack of flexibility seems to drag the sweep where the hose limits it to go. 3/4 HP booster pump. Two problem areas, a corner it gets stuck in, and a recess in the wall that it goes back and forth in. It rarely climbs walls anymore and will tip on to two wheels. The two jets on the back are positioned center and down. ON a proper dead run it picks up sand and organic debris well.
    Tail spraying of my newly cleaned windows has always been a complaint.

Does the squareness of the housing predispose to corner traps?
    Is a 3 wheeled unit more nimble?
    How often should one replace tires and supply hose?
    The "pool kid" wants to sell me a Polaris 280? Just tell me what to buy! Can I be that honest?

I've been putting this problem off long enough by cursing, and then going outside, pulling the hose in, trying to unbend the bend in the hose and then freeing the bugger.
    Thanks As Always!
    Bob

23,000 gal in-ground, Aquarite salt sys, Intellitouch i7 +3, Hayward cartridge filter (4) C-5025, Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner, 3/4 HP booster pump, Hydrazzo plaster.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Letro Legend Headaches

Bob what is your pool surface? Tires should probably be replaced by now. Lay the cleaner out straight on your deck in the sun,this will help with the bends some. Water temp may make the hose stiff if it is cold. Check the ball float just below the bag for cracks. And you may need to check the screen in the hose at the wall fitting
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

3. Back To Top    #3

buy a robot, they work, they can break, but when they working, they work.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

I saw the robots recently here. Maybe when the pumps start crapping out.

I have a pool surface called Hydrazzo, fairly smooth, sandstone feel.

So no opinion on three wheeled vs 4 wheeled vehicles?
    Thanks As Always!
    Bob

23,000 gal in-ground, Aquarite salt sys, Intellitouch i7 +3, Hayward cartridge filter (4) C-5025, Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner, 3/4 HP booster pump, Hydrazzo plaster.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Personally we prefer four wheeled, smooth tires for hydrazzo should work ok. They make a barred tire for vinyl was the only reason I asked.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman
    I saw the robots recently here. Maybe when the pumps start crapping out.

I have a pool surface called Hydrazzo, fairly smooth, sandstone feel.

So no opinion on three wheeled vs 4 wheeled vehicles?

well since you were going to buy a new one, you might as well go with a robot, the booster pump running is going to cost money in electricity anyway.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.