New pool - goin BBB via stenner pump

Mar 19, 2012
We had a 27' x 52" AG pool installed a few days ago.
I'm still in the process of filling it.
The package included a pool frog which I did not have any plans for using.
The installers hooked it up so its there and doesnt bother me.
I have a 1.5 HP 2 speed pump and cartridge filter.
I'm in to reef aquariums and have invested in equipment that reduces the work involved to keep water perameters in check.
I decided to take the same approach with the pool.
I ordered http://www.uswatersystems.com/shop/prod ... -Pump.html
Its the 85 high pressure adjustable model.
I also ordered the 30 gallon storage tank from stenner.
I have approx 17,200 gallons of water and have no clue yet how much chlorine it will consume.
I'm sure the pump and tank are over sized but I can always tapier down.
I'm planning on putting the tank in the ground.
So I have a few questions...
Should I take the pool frog off?
Where should I tap for injection?
What is a "ballpark" amount of chlorine consumtion on a pool my size. I'm in north west Indiana and get full sun on the pool from 10:00am - 4:30am.

Should I take the pool frog off?
I would leave it since it's already installed. Just take the mineral pack out and open the control knob wide open.

Where should I tap for injection?
I tapped the return line just past the filter.

What is a "ballpark" amount of chlorine consumtion on a pool my size. I'm in north west Indiana and get full sun on the pool from 10:00am - 4:30am.
You should figure about 2 - 3 ppm per day. In 17,000 gallons that'll be between 2½ and 3½ quarts per day or 80 to 112 oz per day. That 17gpd pump is going to be way over sized but the good thing is that you can run it a very short period of time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.