Need advice on new install

Jun 15, 2008
Patterson , LA
I'm helping a friend install a new AG pool and I have a few questions. The pool is a 36' round AG that is going to be sunk in the ground. He has the following equipment... Pentair cartridge filter, whisper flow pump, auto pilot SWG, pentair ultra temp heat pump and a intermatic digital timer. My question is how should the heat pump be controlled? I know it has a function that would turn it self on based on temp. I'm confused on how you could use that feature with a SWG.

ronniem said:
according to the heat pump manual it can be hooked up so that it turns on the pump when it needs to. I'm confused on that because how would you ever set your SWG output not knowing how many hours a day the pump will be running?

That is the rub if you allow a piece of equipment to turn on your pump instead of at set time intervals.

The only option to overcome that would be to have ORP sensor that automatically sets your SWG percentage based on the pool needs ... although it seems that these sensor can be problematic at times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.