Yesterday, my eyes were drawn to some extremely small (<1/16th inch) patches of (dark) green at the tile-line in a couple of corners of the pool. They felt algae-ish (read: slimy) and when I rubbed a puck on them, they seemed to fade. Unfortunately, didn't take pics.
FC: 6 on Saturday evening; 6 Sunday morning; 5 Sunday evening after full day of sun (added some more, did not test again)
Water: Clear (can clearly see main-drain screws)
Other observations: lots of little debris (bugs, pollen, dirt) in water, but nothing that a little filtration won't take care of.
OCLT passed (yes, I did remove the puck floater) both last weekend and yesterday.
So, a few questions:
(a) In theory, should I have raised CL to shock (20) before I have a valid OCLT? CL is usually in the 7-10 range when I'm paying attention, but likely has been in the 5-10 range due to tax season (done tomorrow!)
(b) Could it be something other than algae? Copper stain? Would not think that would be slimy to the touch.
(c) If algae but all numbers appear fine, could it be a circulation/brusing problem? Admittedly, I have not been brushing much lately due to tax season, so it is possible that some of those crevices just have not had good movement to prevent those little things from spouting up.
As always, thanks much for the feedback!