No bubbles in spa

Apr 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

New here, both to this site and having a pool. Just had the filter cleaned, a heater installed (it was solar before, broke and leaked through the roof) and everything is working well, except for the spa jets. It's a 20,000 gal pool with a 3 person, about 500gal spa, level with the pool and has a spillway to the pool. It has a 3/4 hp pentair pump, and a 48 DE filter by pentair.

I get bubbles from one jet erratically, and the other two just do warm water with no bubbles. (3 total) From reading other posts on here, it seems like maybe my air lines are clogged? I don't have a blower, just a piece of tubing sticking up that I can hear air being sucked into. Could it be anything else? What have others used to clean those out, I see shop vac seems to be the #1 choice.

Also, is it common to have two inlets for air? there is a capped off tube sticking out of the cement, same type of pipe as the uncapped one I can hear air being sucked into, maybe a foot away from it. I am wondering if maybe they capped one off when going solar.

Thanks in advance!

The line that draws in air is tied in with your spa return lines. as the water flows it creates a vacuum pulling in a little air that will take the easiest route and that is the first jet. If you want more bubbles you will need to install a blower. It is very unlikely the lines are pluged due to the fact there is water flowing. In reguards to the line that is capped off it could be a pool cleaner line in the wall of the pool or the main drain line. If you have a pool cleaner that plugs into the skimmer then the extra line is a cleaner line going to the wall of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.