What are these fittings/adapters?

suhlhorn

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2011
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I'm looking for a replacement adapter like the one in the picture for my return jets. The adapter is about 3 years old, and I can't remember where I found it. My local pool store doesn't have them and I'm sure it will cost a fortune if they have to order it.

[attachment=0:1jb44t6q]IMG_1452.jpg[/attachment:1jb44t6q]

The left side of the adapter inserts into the return line and a screw expands the tabs to squeeze the pipe from the inside. The right side accepts a 1-1/2" threaded jet/adapter. I believe the old adapter was meant for 1-1/2" return line, but my returns have a strange fitting that restricts it to ~1-1/4", so I may need a smaller one. Can anyone point me to an online store that has these things?

I had to use this rig to connect my old pressure side cleaner to a wall fitting that *nothing* will connect to. It was the only thing I could come up with at the time. For a little background, feel free to check out this thread:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-jets-for-fl-pool-from-1964-t41790.html.

Thanks-
-stephen

Attachments

• IMG_1452.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 110
Hi Stephen, To me that look like a Polaris stub pipe connection kit. I found a couple part numbers for you. You said you have a 1¼ inch fitting? If so you will need a combination of 2 parts according to Polaris. First the kit itself which is a 1 inch stub kit # 9-100-8002 + #8-841-00 which is a sleeve kit. Otherwise if you are mistaken and its 1½ inch the connection kit is #9-100-8003.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.